Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Pregnant and on the Candida diet

OLDER POST   

As I awoke and crept to step on the scale before my dear husband stirred and saw the numbers that made me feel as if I were an elephant, I ran to my mirror and noticed my face had blown up like a balloon....Over the course of just a few days...how does that happen? I ran back to my bed and searched "pregnant on the candida diet" for well over an hour. My DH was awoken to "honey I'm going back on my candida diet" I couldn't handle it and DIDN'T want to deal with all my weight after this little man arrives. I told him I was making a grocery list and my dear man is so patient with his shortlived enthusiastic wifey.... Sams club here we come!!!! My grocery list was short and sweet-
Lettuce
Carrots
Peppers
Asparagus
Cucumbers
Almond milk
Frozen berries
Avocados
Bananas
Eggs
Chicken
Spinach
Green apples
I knew I was going to have to modify the diet due to being in my 2nd trimester. So I'm not following it as strictly as before and was simply curious as to what would happen. The best part of the diet is that there is no such this as portion control and can eat 20x a day if I'd like which is the most important component to pregnancy. It's really simply ridding yourself of processed foods. My breakfasts consist of 3-4 scrambled eggs and my morning smoothie-
1/2 apple
1/3 banana
1/4 avocado
1/3 almond milk
1/2 berries
1/3 carrot
1T chlorophyll
So yummy and tasty when you can't have any sweets. With my BMI being overweight I am not worried if I lose a fee extra pounds since as I like to say the baby isn't in my face  I knew I would just be getting rid of any extra unnecessary fat.
My lunch is salad with a few chicken tenderloins. Same for dinner... After 5 days my face slimmed back down and I was down 2lbs without trying a single bit!!! All I want is a healthy baby whether I gained 5 or 50lbs and I didn't have a chance to lose how much I hoped for with baby #1. If I regulate my body now and get it used to eating clean I will be able to continue even after the baby arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment